Are you single, tired, and fed up of witnessing blessed, in love couples smooching in parks and walking through the city arm in arm? Do you feel lonely that everyone else in your social group has a bf or a gf? It can be a hard being single, but it doesn’t have to be all that bad! Read on to learn how you can detect the good parts of being single and overcome any feelings of loneliness.
Part One of Three:
Building Alternative Relationships Edit
Part Two of Three:
Focusing on Yourself Edit
Part Three of Three:
Embracing the Present and Looking Ahead to the Future Edit
- Listen to some music that is soft and comfy. Attempt to find something you indeed love to do that will take your mind off of the negativity for a while. Keep yourself busy with activities or hobbies and refocus your attention.
- Think about what went wrong in the relationship and if there are issues within yourself that you need to address/work on (jealousy, insecurity, infidelity, etc.). Think about what you want in a future playmate and reminisce the ways that your former fucking partner did not conform to what you wished. It ended for a reason. Concentrate on what that reason is and leave the past behind you.
- Love and happiness are not synonymous! You can be pathetic in a relationship or single, and vice versa. Find a job, ideally one you like. Once you have a job, go at your own tempo, don’t attempt to force things. Organize your life. Think about who you would want to be in a relationship with, but until you find someone else, be that person for yourself. I’ve been in the same boat. You’ll be fine.
- Trust in yourself, make a life worth living for yourself and then worry about finding another person that complements you, not completes you. Self love is where it starts, and don’t worry about time because pretty soon things will fall into place. Life is unpredictable, but superb, attempt to love it.
- Shyness doesn’t come from being morbidly obese. This world is utter of shame, fat shame, skinny shame, nerd shame, pretty boy shame, rich shame, poor shame. No matter who you are and what you look like you can always find something wrong to blame on being bashful. Being outgoing comes naturally to some people, to others it’s a skill to be developed. Practice. Learn a joke and tell it to a stranger in a store. Ask a coworker a semi-personal question (what do you and your kids do on the weekends?). DONT think you need to be anything to anyone. You don’t need to be funny or charming, just listen sincerely. Be the one to invite friends out.
- This is the best time to realise who indeed loves you. Also realise that most people feel alone from time to time, it is just about being human and having the capacity to think and feel so deeply and to periodically feel disconnected from others. If you feel so badly that your family members don’t support you, then it is time to tell them this and to ask them questions and to seek the support you so dearly need.
- Reminisce you can’t have a good day without a bad day. Attempt to surround yourself with people who care about you. Observe a movie that makes you smile. Things will get better. Stay positive and know you’ll be alright.
- If you live in a metropolitan area, there will be a broad multitude of free or very low-cost activities in which you can participate: concerts, open mic nights at comedy clubs, museums, art galleries, etc., in addition to things like you mentioned, activities in public places like beaches and parks. In today’s economy, there are a lot of people who are financially strapped, there are slew of people willing to save money. Likewise, there are slew of women for whom income isn’t a factor, they’re interested in your private qualities, not your bank statement. Embark checking out some of the free opportunities in your area and watching what they’re like, that’s the best way to meet someone who’s into the elementary enjoyments such as those you mentioned.
- It just means you’ve embraced where your life is now and are blessed with it. You’ll find that the best relationships are found when you’re not looking or attempting to force it. It means that you’re independent, pursuing your own interests, and focused on improving yourself, and these are all very attractive traits.
- He sounds like he may be depressed. You may want to suggest to bring him to speak to a therapist.
Related wikiHows Edit
Cope With Feeling Alone at Night
Cope With Having No Friends
Stop Feeling Lonely
Love Being Single
Treatment a Lady if You’re Timid and Don’t Know What to Say