For everything from niche fetishes to alternative fantasies, ALT.com offers services that you certainly won’t find on any mainstream dating site.
- Large member base of active members
- Links into the alternative hook-up community
- Free membership available
- Very limited free account
- Dark and complicated interface (unpleasant to look at for long periods of time)
- Lengthly profile questions
- Many fake profiles to avoid
ALT.com is a network for members interested in alternative forms of sexual relationships and friendship. Users can bond over fetishes, kinks, Sadism & Masochism and restrain bondage as well as explore the site’s large stockpile of sexual movies, articles and other content. The site is very worried with making sure all their users are over the age of Legal, as most of the material is explicit and sexual. How well this is actually managed is hard to tell, as people sign up under aliases all the time.
This site is tightening on the eyes and a complicated mess of blogs, member profiles, magazine articles, chatrooms, masturbatory movie rivulets and instant messages. It’s not pleasing to use and just feels like a cheap, disaster of a porn site that belongs on the Deep Web. The site attempts to censor certain language choices to make users feel safe. For example, the word ",rape", is banned in any blog or post. Users cannot post that word on any of the public forums in the comments or replies. However, according to one reviewer in December of 2014, there are ",433 active Interest Groups containing the word ‘rape’ in their title and hundreds of Members with the word ‘rape’ in their UserName. But, it’s okay to make Posts/Polls regarding murder involving killing your daughter, gf or spouse.", As a site with this many interactive users (both real and fake) it is truly hard to police all that goes on. Furthermore, offensive sexual language censorship is not a large concern on a platform like this.
Most reviews from major sites were very negative when discussing ALT.com, as were users of the site. Some said they had success in meeting like-minded people, but those comments were few and far inbetween. The largest issue (as with most interactive hook-up sites) is the amount of fake profiles. Many users have complained about ",users", overseas attempting to get money out of them in various ways through instant messages. However, if a user is willing to weed through all the fraudulent profiles and has their wits about them, they could find success.
ALT.com has slew of options, which makes their site a little complicated to use, not so straight forward, and feel more like a movie game to get into rather than something elementary like Tinder. It seems like members who do sign up for Gold and Silver would be strenuously immersed in the culture of this site and would develop successful online and real life relationships. As mentioned earlier, the intense amount of features and access into the alternative hook-up community turns ALT.com into a rabbit slot of online hookup. This is very likely an appeal for most users.
Signing up is originally effortless, but the more in-depth questionnaire on your profile takes a very long time to finish. However, the combination of one-answer and lengthy, open-ended questions are all very specific to help make sure other users know exactly what you want sexually, which makes ideal sense in a community like this one. While there is a free profile option available (the access if very limited), it&rsquo,s recommended that fresh users pay for the Gold or Silver packages to build up total access to all the site’s features.
Members &, Messaging
ALT.com’s messaging center is in-depth and packed with options to cater your inbox and instant messenger to your liking. Users can set up an auto reply (which comes in handy as many users complained of receiving a massive amount of seemingly fake messages when not signed up for a paid package). On top of that, members can lightly block annoying users, they can be notified when someone has read their message and they can use the Member Center Filter system to reject messages from users who do not meet their interests. It’s effortless to organize and manage messages and ALT.com uses a points system with flirtation ",Flowers", that members can send to one another and win more points (more ",Flowers) or merchandise from the site.
– Create a Hotlist of members you like, connect to them
– Use Cupid Report feature to see who you are matched with as well as Fresh Member Matches feature
– The Who’s Viewing Me option shows you who has been viewing your page, as well as whose page you have viewed (this feature can be turned off)
– Members can broadcast live movies and webcam, however Mac users must download a specific program to stream movies
– Members can interact in the Friend Network and Private Chatrooms, and send Voice Messages as well as movies
– Members can host their own blog within the site and access the site’s custom-made magazines as well as their large collection of Domination & submission and fetish movies
Safety &, Security
Total Price Per Option
- Free Account $0
- 1 Month Silver $Nineteen.95
- 1 Month Gold $29.95
- Trio Months Silver $11.99 / Month (40% Savings)
- Trio Months Gold $Nineteen.99 / Month (33% Savings)
- 12 Months Silver $8.95 / Month (55% Savings)
- 12 Months Gold $13.43 / Month (55% Savings)